Re: [IP] Stress and Basal Rates

Wilson, Carol wrote:
> Joanne Spotten wrote:
>         <<I am pretty sure it was stress related.  Anyone
> > else notice stress lowering bgs?  I am just trying to make
> > sense of it since I though stress was supposed to raise bgs.>>
> >
>         It seems that my BG's often go low when I'm stressed at work.  Maybe
> it's because on really hectic days the adrenaline is pumping more and I feel
> as though I'm also burning more calories.  Hence, the lower BG's.  I've seen
> this happen on many occasions at the office.

It's been bounced around on some list I'm on, not necessarily this 1. The
KIND of stress has a lot to do with it for SOME people. Seems that an imediate
emergency situation gives a big spike, constant tension or aggravation that
working through to solve a problem, such as at work, may drive you lower.

Ted Quick