[IP] RE: Gene Testing

Thanks Pam and Jeff for your postings.  Was actually interested if
anyone our there has gone into this 'gene testing'.  Is gene testing
done in the USA frequently, or is it something that really isn't
performed.  I've only heard of this gene testing recently from a fellow
nurse, who said (here in New Zealand),she new of a family with the
husband IDDM, and got both his children checked, who were only the same
age of my daughter Cushla, (4yrs) and found out from their genes, an
indication both their children would become diabetic.  My husbands great
grandmother and great grandfather were diabetic, so maybe he does have
the genes..