Re: [IP] Carb counting

I would not swear the infomation I am about to pass on is true but I heard it
on TV so it MUST be true.  <grin>

Anyway, a few years back on one of the nightly news talk shows (i believe it
was 20/20 or Dateline) did a report on the new packaging info now required by
the FDA.  According to this report, by law the nutritional information
supplied by the manufacturer "fudge" up to 20% to allow for variances in the
food production.  My initial thought was hummm, most likely if they fudge,
they most likely fudge down in order to make their product more appear to have
less calories and fat which would be more appealing to the general public.