Re: [IP] Re: Problems of a new pumper

In a message dated 10/23/98 1:17:28 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So my question is, could it be the placement that is the source of the
 problems with the first two sets?  (I am going to try to get replacement
 reservoirs for that lot in case that is the problem, but the nurse doesn't
 think that likely).  I had injected them both above the waist where I had
 never actually given shots, the current one below, where I have been giving
 myself injections for many, many years.  Do other women have this problem? (I
 had read that above is more common for men, below for women.  My nurse had
 suggested I stay above for awhile because of all the usage below).

I hardly ever put an infusion set above my waist.  There is only about an inch
from the bottom of my ribs to my navel.  The chances of hitting muscle or
possibly bone (??) are pretty high for me, and would be moreso if I were using
Sof-sets.  I usually stick to an area at or below my waistline and I use
Silhouettes, which I find infinitely more comfortable than Sof-sets.  I hope
things improve for you!  You've certainly had more than your share of trials
so far....

Mary Jean