Re: [IP] Miss America in person!

In a message dated 10/23/98 10:47:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Leeza introduced her 10 yr old niece who
 also wears a pump & Leeza herself announced she'll be donating $1000/ month
 JDF EVERY MONTH until they find a cure!!!!!!...They also gave a Minimed pump
 to a 15 yr old girl in the audience & Nicole Johnson (Miss A) explained how
 she'll no longer have to eat or awaken at the same time every day!!!
 did a great job I thought on the LEEZA show this morning, touting her pump &
 the notion that INSULIN IS NOT A CURE, looks like she's eager to go as
 "public" as possible....Also explained that some diabetics can control their
 disease via diet, exercise & oral meds; but that for all the Type Is like
 herself, the insulin is life-sustaining. >>

I also saw the show and thought that Nicole did a great job!  And how generous
of Leeza!!!!!

- -Judy
mom to Amanda age 5
dx at  3 1/2