Re: [IP] Miss America in person!

   Also, for those who missed the show, in honor of LEEZA's 1000th show,
Minimed donated 1000 stuffed animals ( a Minimed moose who wears a "felt
pseudo-pump") to kids with diabetes, Leeza introduced her 10 yr old niece who
also wears a pump & Leeza herself announced she'll be donating $1000/ month to
JDF EVERY MONTH until they find a cure!!!!!!...They also gave a Minimed pump
to a 15 yr old girl in the audience & Nicole Johnson (Miss A) explained how
she'll no longer have to eat or awaken at the same time every day!!! ...Nicole
did a great job I thought on the LEEZA show this morning, touting her pump &
the notion that INSULIN IS NOT A CURE, looks like she's eager to go as
"public" as possible....Also explained that some diabetics can control their
disease via diet, exercise & oral meds; but that for all the Type Is like
herself, the insulin is life-sustaining. Should hopefully go a long way once
again in raising public awareness....not to mention Minimed's stock!!! Also
loved the fact that the niece who has only been pumping a few months is ONLY
TEN YEARS OLD!!!!!!! Gee, and I thought kids under 16 couldn't handle pumps???

Regards, Renee (whose almost 16 yr old daughter has been pumping 2 yrs 7
months now)