[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: [IP] About Insulin Pumpers
- Subject: Re: [IP] About Insulin Pumpers
- From: Celia McInnis <email @ redacted>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 03:35:14 -0400
Kasey Sikes wrote:
> Some of you have had trouble with the password process. Okay, the User
> Name is your complete e-mail address (including domain) that you
> supplied when joining IP. Type it in using all lower case letters. The
> password is "pumper" without the quotes, also in lower case letters. An
> example would be:
> User Name: email @ redacted
> Password: pumper
It would not be difficult to avoid this problem and at the same time fix
the security in such a way to allow for reasonably (at least IMHO!) safe
direct form updates of a user's information. It could be done something
1. Have a "select" list of user names which will "remind" forgetful users of
what their email addresses are!
2. Force each registered user to set a password (I just don't see the value
of using or requiring the advertised word "pumper" as a password).
3. Have a button which will email the user's password to the user's email
account (to aid forgetful users...).
4. Allow a user to update a user form if (s)he can supply the user
password...(once again, make sure there is a button that the user can press
to arrange for email of the user's password to the user's email account if
forgetfulness is a problem).
I'd certainly prefer things to work this way and will gladly do or help with
the programming if any assistance is needed or desired...
Insulin-Pumpers website http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/