Re: [IP] RE: Gene Testing

In a message dated 10/16/98 2:30:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< What ever the outcome is, I would dearly like to try for another child,
 but my husband now has doubts, since he has heard you can have the tests
 done. >>

I have had type 1 for 38 of my 39 yrs.  Our 3 3/4 yr. old son has had type 1
for 1 1/4 yrs.  My wife and I love our son, his energy and enthusiasm and
everything about him (well there are those times).  We are looking forward to
our next child.  I believe that fearing something that does not exist: 1) your
child possibly getting diabetes and 2) a future child possibly getting
diabetes is a total waste of energy.
Why would your husband have any doubts about having another child?  Email me
privately if you want to chat: email @ redacted
Good Health and Happiness, Jeff
type 1 38 yrs, dxed age 11 mths
pumping 15+ yrs