Re: [IP] times basal rates changed?

> I have a question for everyone that might be interesting to have included
> on the member questionaire...I know none of us is normal by any
> means...but...well...i know most people have to increase their basal for
> the dawn phenomenon so i was wondering if there are any other times of

We'll have to think how to phrase the question so we can get hard
datapoint answers. .... future....

> day that are common that basal rates are increased or decreased and
> possibly a personal explaination of why the person believes they have
> this rate change...for instance Lily probably has a 0.0 basal rate in the

That was during the 'honeymoon', it is now 0.4 or 0.5  and
increases to 0.9 - 1.1 when she goes to bed. She sets a temp basal
rate to accomplish this since her bed time is variable. The pump
basal takes over at 1:00 am and is set to 0.9, changes at 4:30  and
again at 7 or so to accomodate her dawn p...

> afternoon because she exercises intensively in the afternoon and the rest
naw.. it's not the exercise. Exercise does affect it but off-season
when she's laying around, the same thing happens, the basals are just
a little higher overall all day because of less activity.

> of her basals are unique because she is an adolescent...I guess i want to
> know what times people change their basal rates, what the various rates

Lily's change at night is due to growth when she sleeps. Other kids
should have similar patterns due to hormone release, but even Lily's
vary every few months.