[IP] Eye problems

I've had laser surgery twice to correct swollen blood vessels on my
retinas. I just had a followup appointment this week - my first since I
started pumping in mid-July. My retinologist is pretty knowlegable about
diabetes, pumps, DCCT, etc. He said that they (the mysterious they) have
seen instances where recent pumpers will experience a phase where their
eyes will "act up" as their bodies and blood sugars "settle down". YMMV as
to how long this will last for.

He also said that, on average, most diabetics will experience retina
problems after 10-14 years being diabetic. I made it almost 20 (always
striving to be above average).

Dave Zakary

Sharpei diem. -- Sieze the Wrinkle Dog.

At first, I was opposed to the so-called satellite mind-control transmissions.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.
David Zakary                                                    Bowne
Internet Solutions
Interactive Designer                                         21 St. Clair
Ave. East
mailto:email @ redacted           Toronto, Ontario
416-960-8400 x 319                                       M4T 1L9