[IP] [Fwd: BOUNCE email @ redacted: Non-member submission from

From: email @ redacted
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:20:35 -0700
To: email @ redacted
Subject: BOUNCE email @ redacted:    Non-member submission from
["Your_Real_Name" <email @ redacted>]

>From email @ redacted  Wed Oct 21 17:20:26 1998
From: "Your_Real_Name" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: Exercise
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:24:17 -0600

     When Kim (age 10, pumping since July) is going swimming, she needs more
than her basal insulin on board or she will be high at the end of her swim.
 I had found that giving her a snack and having her bolus accordingly will
giver her enough insulin.  When she finished swimming her bgs are normally
very good (80-90).  After swimming, she tests and has a snack but boluses
less...if her numbers are with range, she has 15 gr without bolusing but
boluses normally for anything over that amount.  This works well for her.
     I love all of the information you've given us...Sunday night when Kim's
507C had a no delivery alarm, I didn't panic.  She had a shot, changed
sites (loved doing that at 3:00 in the morning).  But when the alarm kept
sounding, I called minimed (Kim went back to sleep!)  They were wonderful
(and I felt that as long as I was up, someone should be up with me).  After
running a few more tests (that I couldn't remember to do because of the
hour and my brain doesn't function all that well at that time of night) we
finally figured out that the reservoir wasn't working properly.  They have
since sent me 3 reservoirs and 3 infusion set.