Re: [IP] You're not going to believe this

I was the one who originally sent out a request for others who had diabetes
for a long time to respond.  It wasn't necessarily based on number of
injections but more acurately number of years.  I have had diabetes for 31
years and look to others who have had it longer for support.  The 25,000
needle club was my original thought, I used this only to be catchy and
attract attention - which it did.

I know some people have had far more than that number of injections, others
no where near, primarily due to the number of years with or without the

The bottom line in the original thought was just to get names of people who
had diabetes longer than I (I suppose I needed some proof that I wouldn't
die in the near future after having the disease for what I thought was a
long time!).

Michael reorganized my simple thought and even simpler chart into a club
that is easy to join and contains much information.

The name is general and meant only to attract attention (while still having
some relation to its members).  I believe it would be difficult for anyone
to create a club name that was specific to each and every member.  The high
number of needles I have received is used when I do public speaking
engagements.  It always draws a qick and rapid response.