RE: [IP] you're not gonna believe this...

> Please consider making it easier to gain access to the form, perhaps by
> posting step by step instructions to the list as to how one can gain access
> to the "members only" section (if they don't know their login or password).
> BTW, I (and perhaps others) am curious as to why there is a separate
> "members only" section to your Web page since you don't have a subscription
> charge connected to this section.

The closed area is to protect members from SPAM. I am on several mail
lists that are 'mined' (as in mining for gold) by advertisers that
then send bulk e-mail to every address they find. Using a closed area
with your e-mail address as the username effectively prevents that
from happening. Likewise, the list is a closed list to which only
members can post. Same reason. Thirdly, many list members are
comfortable with other list members looking at a restricted set of
information about them (the Over 24900 Club & member Profiles) but
don't really want John Q. Public to know more about them.

These barriers are minor inconveniences for the list members and

email @ redacted

will be more than happy to assist anyone who needs a helping hand
navigating through the small maze constructed to provide these