[IP] Re: Minimed A-35 alarm

I just started on my 507C yesterday, and persuaded the educator to let me put
insulin in it tomorrow (I am only able to control things with very frequent
injections these days because all the long-actings are doing funny things
these days), so I was really disappointed to be awakened 3 times last night
with A-35 alarms.  The first one had occurred during the dinner bolus (the
third one I took after it was connected).    When the second one rang at
quarter to 2 in the morning, I called service as it said to do in the manual,
and spent almost an hour going through things.  I didn't call after the next
one but waited till the "time to get up" alarm (will I not need an alarm clock
with this thing?)  After having changed everything again (with little
additions like lubricating the syringe 6 times instead of 2 when suggested by
the techs), I have not had an alarm with the latest syringe, but I did raise
the possibility of having a lemon (the pump arrived with the batteries not
working, also, which the pump educator called very unusual), and the second
time I called tech support they suggested they replace both the pump and the
syringes.  I am wondering if other people have had this problem, or similar
ones.  The most recent time it alarmed, I was disconnected at the quick
release (while on the phone with tech support), so I am assuming the problem
is not at the injection site (though it could still be the syringe rather than
the pump itself).

Linda Zottoli
diagnosed 1955