Re: [IP] [Fwd: Non-member submission from ["c21relo" <email @ redacted>]]

Yes.  These are very real problems.   The come and go over time.  If you are very exact and you
practice for a month or two they will mostly disappear.  Michael's charts are great for this!

Try limiting yourself to restaurants where you can count things easily for a month or two -- I live
in the SF Bay Area (where gourmet multi-ethnic food reigns supreme).  We've found that some of
the easiest choices are Italian (not the old fashioned Spaghetti factory kind but the lighter
mediterranean variety).  Thai and Indian are hard but certain dishes are easy to guess.  Chinese is
very hard but you can test a dish at a time at one restaurant just remembering that it will vary from
place to place.  Start by eating preportioned definite meals with low fat content for a week
and recheck your basals.  Then, work on restaurant meals one at a time.  Easy breakfast and lunch
solutions include bagels, bread and cheese, yogurt etc.  The point is, things that you can
quantify exactly.

I think though the best advice was stated a long time ago here by??  This person said that you need
to decide what to be exact about and what to not worry about.  For instance, about once a month
I go out to eat with my in-laws, usually upscale Indain, Thai, something hard.  That night I just
guess, test often and do the best I can.

Good luck!  Hope things improve soon!
Ruth

Hope it ge