Re: [IP] glucagon nightmare

Barbara wrote:
> the point here is that medication injected into muscle is absorbed faster
> BECAUSE blood supply to muscle is greater than blood supply to fatty tissue.
> Glucagon may also be injected into fatty tissue, but absorption is slower.

Barbara, Am I right in thinking then that insulin injected into the
muscle would act much faster than if injected into fat? So to bring down
a high bg quickly, an injection deep into the thigh or buttocks would be
best... and presumably Regular would work just as fast as Humalog in
this case, since Humalog is only quicker at moving through fat. It works
at the same speed once it's in the blood...

- --
mailto:email @ redacted