Re: [IP] Pizza and Chinese Food

When I eat chinese food for lunch I add 2-3 units to my regular bolus =
amount.   As much as a 9-10 bolus....normal bolus for me would be 6-7 for =
lunch.    This seems to work well for me and when I test in 2 hours, I am =
usually at about 135.   I do have to watch for a low about 4:30.  All =
depends on my activity about then. =20
SO, would a square wave be better?=20

>>> <email @ redacted> 10/18 8:42 PM >>>
My dietician and Diabetes Educator suggested using the square bolus for =
foods like Chinese cuisine and pizza, due to the long digestion timeframe.
Could someone suggest more information on how to address this type of =
food.  I
really enjoy it, but am unsure of it's effect and how to adjust my boluses =
accomodate my enjoyment of this food.  I usually eat either one about once =

I was told it takes longer to digest these foods due to the fat content
(high).  Do you/should I take the same amount of insulin (humalog) as =
but just spread it out over a square bolus?  That is what was suggested. =

Thanks!  email @ redacted=20