RE: [IP] Re: Question

Typically - a pump is not recommended until an A1c is within a reasonable
range in children.  Of course, this is only the case when high A1c levels
are due to poor effort on behalf of the patient.  If a younger person cannot
adequately control their bg levels, they probably don't have the
responsibility needed to handle the pump.  "Doc shopping" will more than
likely NOT solve this problem.

Hunter Hughes, NREMT-P