[IP] Pizza and Chinese Food

My dietician and Diabetes Educator suggested using the square bolus for eating
foods like Chinese cuisine and pizza, due to the long digestion timeframe.
Could someone suggest more information on how to address this type of food.  I
really enjoy it, but am unsure of it's effect and how to adjust my boluses to
accomodate my enjoyment of this food.  I usually eat either one about once a

I was told it takes longer to digest these foods due to the fat content
(high).  Do you/should I take the same amount of insulin (humalog) as normal,
but just spread it out over a square bolus?  That is what was suggested.

Thanks!  email @ redacted