Re: [IP] High BGs--Advice, Please!

<< Could this effect occur only with some periods, and
 not with others?

Yup!  at least that's what I've observed.  Ain't it grand?  FWIW, diabetic
women also appear to have a greater tendency toward irregular cycles than non-
diabetic women.

<<  Do you know how much one would typically need to up the basal to adjust
for less
activity, and will this cause me to gain weight?  I was on .4 from midnight
to 3 am, .6 from 3 am to 10 am, and .5 the rest of the day, so a .1 overall
increase would be significant.  Maybe I will try just upping the daytime
first because I'm nervous about lows.>>

This is a YMMV area for sure.  I would do just as you are, and take them .1 at
a time.  Start with the days, if you are uncomfortable with the nights.  But
if you are waking with high bg's then you will probably need to do something
with the night too.  The best way to be sure of this is to do some fasting.
Test your bg's without the interaction of food to see if your basals are on
target.  I know that it may not be easy for you to do right now with your
training course.  I admit that I sometimes make small adjustments without
fasting if I am fairly confident of a problem at a particular time of day.
But it would be a good idea to do a complete basal profile test as soon as it
is practical for you.

I'll be doing another fast tomorrow afternoon....