Re: [IP] Not just Nova Scotia

>Darrin: Well, did I open a can of worms.. I think I'll stay in Nfld.. cause I
>have one hell of good team going for me here.. When I go to clinic.. their
>is a
>endo, diabetic educator and dietitian there and they discuss with you and you
>have your input as to your care..I can't believe there are professional out
>there like that..My educator told us that if we had to go to emergency, that
>under no circumstances was anyone to touch our pump..the nurses figure that
>there is nothing to the pump..boy! are they wrong..she told me that if she had
>to leave or if something happened to her position, they would replace her
>with a
>regular nurse.. boy! is that scarey!!   When it comes to diabetics and
>care, my educator has done her homework.. I'm grateful to have her on my
>and look out.. she going to be putting an 11 year old on the pump after
>Xmas..that will make 3 for Newfoundland...if all goes well, she'll have every
>diabetic on the pump before long LOL!  anyways, enough rambling..we have
>to get
>CDA on the move.. it looks like they were bought out by our government..we'll
>have to change that.. right!!
>Yours in Pumping,

HI Pat!

Sounds like you have a great team over there!  Although I hate to sound so
negative; I and several others here have not had any good experiences with
Diabetes Clincs here in NS.

I am amazed at the progresive nature of your hospital!  An 11 year old on a
pump, here?  In Atlantic Canada?  Wow!  I've been type I for 25 years and
at age 33 cannot find anyone in NS who endorses pump use.

I wish you luck & thanks for your question which brought out my (anbd
others' expereinces).  Take Care!

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go