Re: [IP] glucagon nightmare

> NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT BUT I'M WONDERING, WHERE DO I START WITH
THE
> PUMP????  MY PEDIATRICIAN WILL NOT GIVE ME A REFERRAL FOR ANOTHER
ENDO.

Here is the procedure, it is a 2 step process. One for you and one
for your Pediatrician.

Brow beat the pediatrician by giving her the kid list from our site.
I have appended it below. Be insistent, cite the DCCT statistics (see
the LINKS page of the site) and tell her you want the best for your
daughter. The Ped should order the pump. But..... while your doing
that.....

Call both MiniMed and Disetronic (phone numbers on our website) and
ask for a list of physicians in your area that prescribe pumps. Also
ask for a list of pump trainers. Contact both groups. The trainers
will probably be able to give you more insight into the best doc to
pick. Ask the pump co.s who their contact person is for assistance
with insurance qualification, you will probably need some help there
as well.

Michael

Currently on the list we have these kid pumpers (there are more, I
just don't know all their names and ages)

 2 Hannah
17 (started at 3) Ellissa
 4 Will
 4 Malcom
 5 (started at 4) Drew
 5 Kayla
 6 Brendan
 6 Megan
 6 Jessica
 6 Jason
 7 (started at 6) Cameron
 7 Rachel
10 Zach (started 7.5)
 8 Chris
 8 Marisa
 8 Jarrod
 8 TJ
11 Angie (started 8)
 9 Stephanie #2
 9 Brandon
 9 Paul
 9 Jenna
13 1/2 ( started at 10) Darren
10 Reed
10 Ravi
10 Spencer
10 Kim
10 Nikki
11 Amy
11 Brian
11 Nate
14 (started at 11) Lily
12 Lauren
14 (started at 12) Justin
15 (started at 13) Melissa
13 Chelsey
16 (started 14) Stephanie #1
14 Jason
14 Nathaneal
15 Brian
15 Sara
16 Bryan

In addition, there are quite a few kids age 7 - 10 waiting for pumps
in the next month or two.