Re: [IP] coffee

At 01:52 PM 10/15/98 -0400, Sara wrote:

>yup...but there might be some who would say that perhaps your BASALS are
>adjusted to accommodate for this...I mean if you really are running on the
>high octane stuff all the time, you may be making adjustments to your basals
>to cover any affects of the caffeine.  When I am drinking LOTS of coffee, it
>is usually during a high stress  time - like doing a show, or getting ready
>for audition tours (NOW).  My basals may be UP due to the stress, but they
>DOWN due to the amount of exercise I have been doing, but are they also UP
>to my keeping Juan Valdez and his 7 sons in cadillacs, but they are also DOWN
>because I am not eating as much...who knows...

Verrrrrry interesting point. I've often wondered about the "rules" for
testing basal rates. I've always understood that you're supposed to "fast"
during this process. To me, fasting is defined as "nothing but water,
please". Do I ever do this when testing basals? No way, Jose. I drink my
cuppa, test away. Next time I check my a.m. basal rates, I'll have to
remember to try it with no caffeine. Course, I'm not sure how I'm going to
check my BG while still asleep <vbg>

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted