Re: [IP] A1c question?

> According to a message I saw on a different list it IS somewhat
> reversible, just a lot slower than when it stuck there. They said
> that A1cs are now thought to be really accurate for about 4 weeks
> because of it.

In a way, that may be true. It depends on whether the glucose sticks
to 'old' or 'new' red blood cells. The red blood cells have a
lifetime of about 90 days. That means that in 6 weeks or so, half of
them in your body will be dead and gone. This affects the
measurements and makes it tricky to separate the non-linear activity
of the glucose. I'm sure someone could make a nice PHD thesis out of
just this question.