Re: [IP] glucagon nightmare

> In the case of multiple repeat hypos, depletion is almost guaranteed
> The liver dumps all of its stores and does not have a chance to
> replace them.

I quite agree about multiple bad hypos. You clean out all your defenses,
glucagon fails to work, and your only chance (unconcious in ER) is IV

But my idle speculation is about common-or-garden-Sara-out-shopping type
hypos. A quick shot in the abdomen of a couple of "units" of glucagon
and you cancel out the surplus insulin coursing through your veins, and
stop the progression of the hypo. You're then free to carry on shopping
for socks without hunting for cakes as well.

- --
mailto:email @ redacted