[IP] Old pumps (was: Blood Sugar Testing)

I think swallowing it would have been impossible, and I remember the
batteries!  I think my first loaner pump came with 2 - they lasted 12-18
hours, then needed to be recharged for several hours.  I also remember
being so scared the stupid thing would run out of power in the night...  I
was really lucky that by the time I bought a pump (early 1985), it had
close to month-long batteries and was a lot smaller (and was white -
Nordisk Infuser).  How far we have come!!!  Thanks for the reminder!

Beth Smith wrote:
>I'm not sure anyone who hasn't seen the original pumps can appreciate the
>humor in these remarks, Yerachmiel.  But I was ROTFL. <VBG>  If you could have
>swallowed one of those things!!

>In a message dated 10/15/98 9:34:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><< 18 1/2 years on pump (June '80)
>    ((back when pumps were PUMPS not those tiny things you young kids use
>    ((and they came in your choice of color schemes: black))
>    ((and the battery lasted about as long as a reservoir))
>    ((and the only way to hide it was to swallow it))
>    ((and even then it would show in your tummy)) >>

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted          http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi/