Re: [IP] Sara's Low Story

LOVE your story - laughed out loud, very loudly!   Isn't it weird the way =
our mind gets all tunnelled.  Sometimes I think I might be getting low, =
but am in the middle of doing something and say to myself, I will check in =
just a second, and next thing I know I am in a pool of sweat - gulping =
tabs or candy or soda and just having to sit till "I" come back to me.  =
Course, I know everyone has done that, but I have never bought blue socks =
and will never be able to look at socks again without thinking of you!  =
Thanks for sharing that.  Only we'uns can laugh at this dangerous and =
scary situation.   Can't dance, might as well laugh.=20

>>> <email @ redacted> 10/15 12:52 PM >>>
I am so excited - I finally have an interesting low story...No passing out
yet, thank goodness, but it was the weirdest thing that ever happened to =
me in
24 1/2 years, and made me laugh (in retrospect), so I thought I would =

Last Saturday, I worked out real hard, bolused for part of my lunch around =
(cuz it had a lot of fat...) and then spent the afternoon walking around =
My sugar was fine at lunch and at 3, and I was feeling fine - excellent in
fact even though it was raining.  About 530, I was "on" line to buy =
(that is what they say here in NYC instead of "in" line) and tested my =
(for I am the type of person to just whip it out whenever I feel the =
It said 59 so I thought "oh i messed it up."   So i went outside and sat =
and did it again - this time I was 52!!  I thought I felt fine!  but when =
saw the 52, I started mentally really "feeling" myself and noticed I had =
kinda muffled, numb feeling - like I was wrapped in cotton wool...not my =
low symptoms.

So i gulped the 4 dex tabs I had and hoped that would suffice - 16 grams =
CHO would normally raise me about 60 - and walked on down the street.  =
Then I
remembered I had bolused for the lunch fat about an hour before - I didnt
check - just knew how what I ate normally needs to be treated.  4 tabs was =
gonna cut it...so i am thinking ok, i have $2 cash - what do i want to
eat...didnt stop at the corner street vendor for a $1.50 soda - no would =
be economical and I wouldn't enjoy a soda...so I kept walking...I came to =
ATM - and was thinking maybe i need more money - so i go in, get  $20 and =
stood at the counter to rearrange my back pack - and I am usually the type =
just throw everything in there and shut the flap and leave the organizing =
the NRA or pro-lifers or whatever cause happens to be rallying...and i =
find the $20 - I know i just rolled it up and put it in my hand...but no -
that was the orginal $2...I unpack my back pack and there is the $20 =
laying at
the bottom of the bag.

By now, I am feeling just plain WEIRD...I knew I was low, but couldn't =
myself do anything about it.  There is a blind man standing at the door of =
ATM and I had to stop myself from giving him the $20 which was now rolled =
in my clammy fist.

So now I am rich and making a decision about what to eat is even harder...i=

keep walking and i come to Kmart.  I am NOT a kmart shopper, but for some
reason was feeling GUILTY that I had just thrown out 3 pairs of holey =
which, if I had been Martha Stewart, I could have darned up, or made some =
tea cosys...but in my present state, I wa a BAD person for throwing them =
the garbage and so I NEED socks BAD - MUST HAVE SOCKS!!!  So i go in and =
shopping.   I couldn't pick out which package I NEEDED to have!  I picked =
literally every  package comparing cotton content and price and color.  20
minutes later I choose a package and go check out...oh yeah, i remember, I =
low, so I grab a candy bar...there is a big hassle ahead of me "on line", =
so i
rip the candy bar open and put the wrapper on the socks - ready to knock =
anyone who questioned me eating it before paying for it.

So, I eat the candy bar, buy my socks and go stand outside - it is still
raining and I cant make my umbrella open...I start walking towards the =
and all of a sudden just kinda feel lost and scared.  My vision by now is
completely tunnelled, plus with the blood in my eye and the headlights
reflecting on the puddles of water, I just felt like I was in some really =
movie... There is a Starbucks so I go in - thinking i KNOW i have sugar in =
I SHOULD be feeling ok soon. I get a coffee and a cookie and just sit =
there in
the warmth...i checked again - this is like AN HOUR since the 52, after 4 =
tabs and a Milky Way...64.

I just sat there for almost 2 hours (a band was playing, so I wasnt =
for loitering).  By the time I left I was up to 162...and it wasn't =

And the moral of the story is:  ALWAYS buy socks when your sugar is low!  =
like these socks better than ANY I have ever bought - even IF they were =
blue light special!!

Sara *-)=3DB xoxx~~~[507]