Re: [IP] Infusion set question

Sherri wrote:

>She will be using the Tenders.  I am wondering though, does anyone ever get
>the infusion set caught on their clothing?  Since it is not taped down on the
>top (otherwise if it were you would not be able to disconnect would you?)
I am
>now wondering if this is something that can get easily caught on your clothes
>or rub?  The thought of this catching on someting just gives me the willies.

In over two years, I only "forcibly removed" a Tender set once. I hooked
the tubing while rushing to change clothes, and pulled out the base. Since
I only had to replace the base portion, it was not a major inconvenience.

The tape on the back of the Tenders has always held very well for me,
without any added site preparation or taping down. It's very similar to
Hypafix (may actually be the same tape), which also sticks to me very well.

Total score for Tenders in 2 + years of pumping:

Changing pants too fast - Pants won, Tender lost. had to replace base
portion of Tender.
Bathroom doorknob - Tender won, swung door, hit me in head. My head lost
that contest. Dent is still evident.
Bathroom cabinet - Tender won, cabinet lost. Entire contents of drawer
spilled on floor. Tubing was fine, rest of my morning was lousy <vbg>
Walking down fairway while golfing with pump trailing behind me - Tender
and pump both won. No harm to either.

I think Laura will do fine :-)

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted