Re: [IP] Not just Nova Scotia

Canadian Income Tax law requires that Charities which issue tax
deductible receipts not engage in political activities. The penalty for
breach of that requirement is de-registration and a potnentail tax of
100% of the assets of the de-registered charity. It would, therefore,
very dangerous for the CDA or any other charity to engage in political
activities. Such actions require an independent organization which does
not rely on tax deductibble donations for funding.

Gary Marlin