Re: [IP] Anti depression meds and blood sugars

Hi Kerry!  I'm glad you're back!  I think they have some bg raising effect.  I
found the solution to those swings (not caused by anti-depressants but by
gastroparesis and lack of control) is to eat known quantities and slowly
tighten the circle.  It tends to feed on itself.  The better my control the
easier it is to stay controlled and the more easily I can calculate doses.
Unfortunately, it also works in the other direction.  When I really can't get
it to work I try eating small, easy to caluculate all carb meals with boluses
just a touch late for a few days.  As soon as I get through a day or two of
matching boluses and keeping my basals constant everything starts to improve.
By the end of a week or two it is much much better.  There is some scientific
journal evidence to support the spirals I see too I just never bothered to
Zerox the hours of articles I read at the medical library so i can't tell you
where to get them from.