Re: [IP] Not just Nova Scotia

>                It's not just Nova Scotia that does not have coverage -
>New Brunswick is another maritime province that is just as bad. There is
>NO medical coverage for any diabetic supplies here/

I'm from Saskatchewan. Here the only supplies that are covered are drugs,
including insulin, under the drug
plan. The deductible is $850 every 6 months unless you can obtain special
status for high usage and lower income. I am "lucky"  I guess because I pay
a flat 22 percent on those items. The other diabetic supplies are not
covered and come from my own pocket. I pay for the pump and pump supplies
from my own pocket.

I was lucky about 2 months ago I was able to enroll in a medical insurance
program for drugs and diabetic supplies privately without medical
preconmditions. My late wife was a government employee and the Superannuates
Association just started the plan and had an initial open enrollment period.
I jumped on that within about 3 hours of notice of the plan. This covers
100% of diabetic supplies and 80% of drugs and up to $500 every 4 years on
durable medical supplies i.e. pumps. So  things can be very expensive here
without private insurance. Private insurance for self employed diabetics is
almost non existent.

Gary Marlin