Re: [IP] Question

John, I'm not sure things have changed all that much over the years.  One
thing I used to do( up until going on the pump) when I felt a hypo sneaking
up, was to start to run to wherever I thought I could get some sugar.  I
always found that either the sudden mental concentration, glucagon release,
epinephrine release, or something else would always buy be much additional
time to get some sugar in me.  I may have had to eat more, but this was a
fail safe method for me.  Since going on the pump I've never had a bad hypo
so I don't know if that will still work, but I don't see why not.
- -wm

<<<<From: John Neale <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Question

Certainly in the early years there was my endogenous glucagon production
to protect me from hypos, although, as Barbara said, that usually fails
after a year or two. And that's when the hypos turned up.

I've definitely become more sensitive to high bg's over the years. I
just get tired, irritable and lethargic if my bg goes over 220. That
wasn't the case in my teens, when I had an HbA1c of 9%. Thankfully my
hypo syptoms have remained fairly acute and constant, kicking in at the
69-73 range.

Wayne Mitzner
The Johns Hopkins University
615 N. Wolfe St.,  Baltimore, MD 21205