Re: [IP] Not just Nova Scotia

In a message dated 10/14/98 10:29:21 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The thing that bugs me is that the government here in
 New Brunswick are giving druggies free needles to help their drug abuse.
 The thing is we need insulin to stay alive and a junkie needs needles to
 get high. I think someone is missing the "point". There is no help for
 diabetics and it can cause alot of greif especially when we are a one
 income family.
             Sorry, for the bit--ing. I just don't know what to do.

I'm the first one to admit that I'm not that familiar with the Canadian
political system.  Do you elect the members of Parliament?  Can you lobby them
for a change in policy?  This is what we would do in the U.S.  I just don't
know if that is an effective course of action in Canada.  Sounds like you've
got a legitimate concern.  Your illustration of the benefits for  drug-users
and not for diabetics is especially compelling and might point out to them the
incongruity of their policies.

Good luck,
Mary Jean