Re: [IP] Ratio

You are right, the first time I did fill 50 (2 =BD little unit marks), the =
second time, last Saturday, I filled 60 (3 whole units), just not =
thinking.  So far, no problems with that mix, but I will go back to the =
5-1.  I appreciate your pointing out my  error! =20

>>> <email @ redacted> 10/14 7:32 AM >>>
Bonnie, just for the record, if you are indeed putting 60 U of velosulin
into your full 300 U syringe, then you are also adding 240 U of H, giving
you a 4:1 ratio of H to V, not 5:1.  To get a 5:1 ratio you need only put
in 50 U of V.
- -wm

<<<<<<<<From: "Bonnie  RICHARDSON" <email @ redacted>
Opps, I forgot to mention the point of my last response...ratio, I mix =3D
5-1, I draw in 60 units of Velosulin, then fill the syring the rest of the =
way till its full.  Holds 300 units.  Be careful not to mix.   I insert =
air into the Humalog with another syringe to get the pressure, then put =
the current syringe in to pull the insulin out.>>>>>>>>

Wayne Mitzner
The Johns Hopkins University
615 N. Wolfe St.,  Baltimore, MD 21205
Tel. 410 614 5446,   Fax 410 955 0299