[IP] Calling all Coffee Lovers

Who else besides me on the list is a coffee junkie?  Do you notice that it
causes problems with your blood sugar?  I'm talking about the straight black,
unadulterated brew here, not with a bunch of milk and sugar and flavored syrup

Here's the background for my question.  I normally make my own coffee at home
and drink a couple of cups in the morning without a problem.  Yesterday, my
morning cup didn't seem to satisfy me (it was cold and rainy and I wanted the
comfort of a hot beverage) so I bought a cup after lunch from a campus
espresso cart.  I just got their plain jane house blend, nothing fancy this
time, no espresso, no latte, just good ol' joe.  I had been having a "super"
bg day, staying in the 90's.  An hour after I got the coffee, my bg was 222.

They make their coffee stronger than I do at home. Does anyone know for sure
if caffeine has a recognized affect on bg?  Perhaps my body has adapted to my
personal brew but can't handle *extra* strength stuff.  When I make espresso
at home, I bolus for the milk in my latte and life is great!  I'm becoming
very leary of coffee houses and espresso carts.

Mary Jean