Re: [IP] kids today and yesterday

In a message dated 10/12/98 6:16:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Oh yeah, they wouldn't prescribe regular insulin to me until I was 17 >>

Where did you live when you could not get regular?  When I was diagnosed at
age 11 mths in 1960 they prescribed Regular and NPH (U40 at the time).  Like
you I was a dedicated athlete.  My sport, against the best thoughts of most
doctors and especially my mother, was wrestling.  I did lose weight for
matches and worked my but off to be as good as I could be (All conference two
years in a row).  It sounds like things are good for you and you are liking
diabetes control better now than before.  Just think when I started all you
could test was urine.  Keep up the great work.  Good Health and Happiness,
type 1 38 yrs, dxed age 11 mths
pumping 15+ yrs