Re: [IP] Humalog.... for me, not as fast as they say it is!

Humalog does seem to be working slower for me lately, although I haven't
used it for very long (since March) and only by syringe.  When I first used
it for combatting highs, I was back to normal blood sugars in about 2
hours, with the main drop being from 1 to 1.5 hours after injection.  Now I
am finding NO move in the blood sugar until at least 2 hours after
injection, with the numbers dropping rapidly from 2.5 - 3 hours, then
remaining stable.

This could be my Humalog losing potency or some food interaction that I am
not accounting for or some other thing I could be doing wrong, but last
night after a  low stress day, totally normal dinner at 5:30pm, I was 341
at 930pm, took 4u Humalog (used to drop me by 200 consistently), and saw no
movement until between 12:30am (344) and 1am (250), then it stopped and
remained in 240's.

I will be the first person to admit it might have more to do with me and
what I am doing versus the Humalog but I *seem* to be doing the same

Ruth wrote:
>I was finding this thread interesting b/c I starting using humalog in Feb
>and mixing it
>a few months later.  The last few weeks the action time seems much much
>slower -- so
>much that I did one set with pure humalog (still seemed slower)  Those of
>you finding
>humalog slower did this develop over time?  Or was it always that way?

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted          http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi/