Re: [IP] Question

SBrown wrote:

> Hi all...
>   Heres a question. I can be moving along very well... keeping near my
> target and doing great.. Then I can eat a Lunch (not ALL the time) and
> will hover at like 80 points over range.. I need to do a HIGH BG Bolus
> after the 3 hour waiting period. Not that Im complaining but that means
> more testing... more strips $$ and really 'pi*ses' me off.. LOL  Don't
> get me wrong  I am 100% better off now than I was 2 weeks ago when I
> went on the Pump. Now going over 180 is rare...   So I also feel 100%
> better but the times I loose it I feel bad and that makes me more
> upset.. (sigh) Any Input is welcome

If you want a pump and you want it to work, you have to use lots of test
strips.  I've tried during desparate days to cut the cost and it doesn't
work.  The bottom line is you've gotta test and 5-6 times a day is
reasonable but 2 is not.  The federal gov't is now starting to require med
insurance to cover diabetic test strips.  If you don't have insurance, it
will be costly so you might start a fund.  Let us know if this is a big
problem!  I have strips left from meters I've stopped using and would be
glad to let you have them.