Re: [IP] Question

Yes!  After 17 and (almost 18?) years on a pump, it never works perfectly for more than a few
days at a time although it even works well for as long as a month.  You just have to keep problem
solving and that process does mostly get easier.  I can't stay anywhere near normal without blood
testing 6-20 times a day but some people can do 4 or 5.  The longer you've been diabetic the
harder its supposed to be, although I think there are other factors that play in too.

Bonnie RICHARDSON wrote:

> Hi Scott,
> I just went through a major frustrating period when I was down about not being able to keep my
bg under 200 for a week....everyone was very helpful.  I still get ticked off when I have one of
those "unaccounted for" high bgs, but get even more ticked off when it is because of something
careless on my part.   You know, sometimes, when I eat out, even when I eat healthy and small
portions, I will have a shock in three or four hours to find bgs at 250 or up.  I believe that
restaurant food contains a great deal more fat that they let us believe.  After all fat and sugar are
the things that make food taste so good......
> Even a salad or soup can raise my bgs "unreasonably".  The most important thing I have learned
is that ALWAYS check my bgs several times after eating out at a restaurant.   At least with
humolog, it is a fast fix when it is high.   Don't stress out over it, just keep on plugging along one
day at a time.