Re: [IP] Disetronic vs. Minimed - Users input needed please!!

> However, they also told me that they will pay ZERO for the infusion sets.  I was really pissed at
this, but after putting in a call
> into Minimed Sales, they told that that is most likely a mistake.  Anyone else have this problem?

Double check your policy carefully.  You can probably find a way to have
the supplies covered.  It just may not fall under the prescription
plan.  Several things to check:
1) once you pick the pump you want, ask your pump rep if they have dealt
with you insurance company; they may be able to help you get coverage of
2) see if supplies would be covered under the 'durable medical
equipment' or 'major medical' part of your policy
3) another thing to consider is how the pump prescription is worded; had
a friend that got a pump and all supplies covered by having it presribed
as 'continuous IV therapy'.  Ins wouldn't cover insulin pumps or insulin
pump therapy, but would cover the exact same thing using a different
4) unless the supplies are specifically excluded from your policy (you
need to get the full-text copy from your employer), they should be