[IP] Confused, looking for help......

Hi All,
I have been trying to get my doctors to "approve me" for use of the pump for
around 6 months now.   My primary care doctor sent me to an endo.  She put me
on humalog saying that the insurance company (a PPO) would want us to try this
first before they would approve a pump.  I used the humalog for 4months.  She
then said that I was not testing enough , I was testing 4-6 times per day and
she said they wanted to see me test at least 6 times every day.  I have been
doing this.  She then said that I should go see my primary doc and see if he
wants me to start the pump.   I did and he said yes.  He gave me another
refferal to go back to the endo to get started.  Now she says that I need to
run consistent good levels for 3 to 6 months before my insurance would approve
me.              This is where I am now.  I am confused as to what an
insurance company wants before they would approve me.  It would seem to me
that if I am running good levels without the pump they would not approve me
becasue I am in control.  am i getting the run around by her or what.  She
only has 2 other patients on the pump,  does this indicate anything?  Anyone
else been in this same situation?  Please help.......

Bruce Mcclellan