Re: [IP] Disetronic vs. Minimed - batteries

email @ redacted wrote:
> I noticed on an earlier posting that having to purchase your batteries from
> Disetronic was listed as a con.  For us this is the case.  It our situation it
> has proved to be a plus because now our insurance is picking up the tab on the
> batteries because they are speficically made for the Disetronic pump.    Where
> as if we had the Minimed the batteries would "be on us."  Since we are
> ordering pump supplies anyway it is no more trouble to order batteries along
> with the supplies and let insurance pay the tab.

Interesting point, since I've been ordering the MiniMed multi-battery packs
for years using 2 different insurance companies, and they've always paid
for them along with all my other pump supplies. Never even questioned it.
If they did I'd make the point that there's more than batteries in the packs,
they include a miniature cleaning brush for the pump's drive screw and
a clip to seal the hose if needed, and these could be claimed as being

Ted Quick