Re: [IP] Disetronic vs. Minimed - Users input needed please!!

Yes double check with the insurance co regarding set.  However be prepare=
d for the original decision to be true.  Here's a little story.
I wanted to go onto the pump. At open enrollment I asked all of the reps =
the same question, and I got the same answer 'yes pumps are covered under=
 this plan'.  I then began asking specific questions.  The results were =
quite surprising.  Co #1 covered pumps, but not for diabetics.  Co #2 cov=
ered pumps, but only if I was pregnant (btw I'm a 39 yo male).  Co #3 was=
 the only one that covered the pump and all of the needed support.
I really do not want to get into which pump is 'best'.  What its going =
to boil down to is, which one do you feel must comfortable with.  Handlin=
g, wearing, the look,  etc.  I have never heard of any medical studies =
that have 'proven' that either one of the pumps provides a superior level=
 of delivery of control.
Good luck and take care.