Re: [IP] Disetronic vs. Minimed - Users input needed please!!

Like others, I think that either pump is great and will do the job.  I am
due to get a new pump soon (currently use a 506), mainly because I want the
new 507c features (which shows my distinct bias) and looked at both

I have travelled for 10 years with a MiniMed pump and never had any
problem.  I have found it to be very durable, even after accidently pulling
it into a hot tub.   Sometimes people notice the clicking, but only if it
is very quiet and they are quite close.  I like it since I know that I am
getting insulin, although most of the time I can't hear it.

Both pumps have pros and cons, but I think what it really comes down to is
what do you WANT?  If you think that a square wave/dual wave feature is
something you could really use, and that the Continuous glucose sensor will
actually, some day, be available and you want that option, then get a

If waterproofness without an extra case is important or you are really
worried about having a backup pump available (never needed one in 14 years
but I can see the attraction) buy a Disetronic.  Which rep do you think
will give you the best service?

If you are really unsure, is it possible to rent one and then the other?  I
tested my first MiniMed (504-S) for a couple of months and that really
helped me decide to get a new pump.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted          http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi/