Re: [IP] Disetronic vs. Minimed - Users input needed please!!

>            I called the Disetronic company and in my opinion it stunk!!!
> I would ask the "rep." questions - she would put me on hold to find out

Don't be to hard on them. The are a good company but there US sales
office is a 'satellite' office, I think it only has about a half
dozen people. The main facilities are in Europe.

> the answer. She did this about six times. One time I was put on hold for
> 4 minutes.
Would you prefer an incorrect answer or to wait for the right one.

> That really turned me away from the disetronic pump. There is
> a lady here in town who uses a disetronic pump and she said she won't be
> dealing with them again. The reason for this is after 6-7 years you have
> to buy a new pump. When you send your pump in to be inspected, the pump
> that you get back is not necessarily the one you sent in. It could be
> someone elses to whom was having their pump inspected. There is no
> guaranty that the pump will be yours. To me, that really is not the way

Well, if your MM pump breaks or must be repaired, you may get the
same result from them. Got first hand experience with that. What
difference does it make anyway. If it works and looks like new, up to
spec, etc..... you have a what you need. Both companies stand behind
their products. The each have approximatly 50,000 users. D has a much
larger market share in Europe, MM has the large market share here.

I really don't have an axe to grind here. Based on comments by users
of both pumps, and having talked with the folks from both companies,
it is pretty clear that both companies build a good product that does
the job. The differences are cosmetic or operational rather than
functional or quality related. Choose which you prefer, but don't
overly criticize the company you did not choose, it may color someone
elses decision for reasons that are not objective.

My daughter uses a MM 506, but if she were to decide upon an HTRON
next time around, I can think of no good reason to try and change her