Re: [IP] Disetronic vs. Minimed - Users input needed please!!

<< MiniMed Pros
    *  Beeper like appearance
    *  Square Wave Bolus  (How useful really?)
    *  Wealth of accessories (clips, cases, etc)
    *  U.S. market lead
    *  Standard batteries
    *  backlight
 MiniMed Cons
    *  Less durable?
    *  Not waterproof w/o bulky case
    *  Delivers insulin very slowly
    *  Noisy clicking motor
 I've just confirmed that my insurance will pay 100% for the price of the
 pump itself...YES!
dual wave very useful especially with humalog.  i use regularly.  also, useful
for someone with gastroparesis.

MiniMed is just as waterproof as Disetronic just chose to say watertight.
water can not get to the motor.  the motor has a lifetime warrenty.

the clicks are unique to the soleniod motor.  also, it can not short out as a
DC motor can.

i have known patients to have their pump for more than 12 years but most do
not keep that long beccause of technology improvements.  they upgrade before
there is a problem.

you can always get a second pump when traveling if you have concerns by
contacting your local rep.

it is the only pump i would consider using and have used MiniMed personnally
for 10 years now.  as an educator i highly recommend it.  this is an important
and personnal decision.