[IP] Disetronic vs. Minimed - Users input needed please!!

- --------------1C12B70BC8E7C1ACC37BCFFA

I've just confirmed that my insurance will pay 100% for the price of the
pump itself...YES!

However, they also told me that they will pay ZERO for the infusion
sets.  I was really pissed at this, but after putting in a call into
Minimed Sales, they told that that is most likely a mistake.  Anyone
else have this problem?

In any event, with the biggest hurdle down, the big question is WHICH
PUMP??

I've spent COUNTLESS hours searching over Dejanews reading the relavent
comparison posts,  watching both videos, reading company material, etc.
YET i still cannot decide.  It seems like the Htron Plus looks to be the
better technology ( + 2 pumps), however the minimed seems to be the most
discrete and has the accompanying accesories to make life easier like
the computer connection, waist thing, and more discrete cases.

I know MOST people have decided on the minimed, those that did why? same
for those on the disetronic as well please.

Ive made a small table comparing them both, i would appreciate any
comments from users as to the validity of the positives & negatives on
my list.  Thanks for any input!

Disetronic Pros

   *  2 Pumps! - great for travelling
   *  Sounds like it is more durable
   *  Waterproof  without additional case
   *   Delivers insulin every 3 minutes
   *  auto priming  not sure how this works
   *  display tells you how much insulin is left
   *  No PVCs in infusion sets

Disetronic Cons

   *  Looks like out of Star Trek
   *  Seems TOO easy to accidentally bolus by hitting the h or m buttons
     w/o a confirmation
   *  Must set programming to accept EITHER .5 or .1 units
   *  Batteries need to be reordered by mail

MiniMed Pros

   *  Beeper like appearance
   *  Square Wave Bolus  (How useful really?)
   *  Wealth of accessories (clips, cases, etc)
   *  U.S. market lead
   *  Standard batteries
   *  backlight

MiniMed Cons

   *  Less durable?
   *  Not waterproof w/o bulky case
   *  Delivers insulin very slowly
   *  Noisy clicking motor

- --------------1C12B70BC8E7C1ACC37BCFFA

<HTML>
I've just confirmed that my insurance will pay 100% for the price of the
pump itself...YES!

<P>However, they also told me that they will pay ZERO for the infusion
sets.&nbsp; I was really pissed at this, but after putting in a call into
Minimed Sales, they told that that is most likely a mistake.&nbsp; Anyone
else have this problem?
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>In any event, with the biggest hurdle down, the big question is WHICH
PUMP??

<P>I've spent COUNTLESS hours searching over Dejanews reading the relavent
comparison posts,&nbsp; watching both videos, reading company material,
etc. YET i still cannot decide.&nbsp; It seems like the Htron Plus looks
to be the better technology ( + 2 pumps), however the minimed seems to
be the most discrete and has the accompanying accesories to make life easier
like the computer connection, waist thing, and more discrete cases.

<P>I know MOST people have decided on the minimed, those that did why?
same for those on the disetronic as well please.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>Ive made a small table comparing them both, i would appreciate any
comments from users as to the validity of the positives &amp; negatives
on my list.&nbsp; Thanks for any input!

<P><B>Disetronic Pros</B>
<UL>
<LI>
&nbsp;2 Pumps! - great for travelling</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Sounds like it is more durable</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Waterproof  without additional case</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp; Delivers insulin every 3 minutes</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;auto priming  not sure how this works</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;display tells you how much insulin is left</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;No PVCs in infusion sets</LI>
</UL>

<P><B>Disetronic Cons</B>
<UL>
<LI>
&nbsp;Looks like out of Star Trek</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Seems TOO easy to accidentally bolus by hitting the h or m buttons
w/o a confirmation</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Must set programming to accept EITHER .5 or .1 units</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Batteries need to be reordered by mail</LI>
</UL>

<P><B>MiniMed Pros&nbsp;&nbsp;</B>
<UL>
<LI>
&nbsp;Beeper like appearance</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Square Wave Bolus&nbsp; (How useful really?)</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Wealth of accessories (clips, cases, etc)</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;U.S. market lead</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Standard batteries</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;backlight</LI>
</UL>
<B></B>

<P><B>MiniMed Cons</B>
<UL>
<LI>
&nbsp;Less durable?</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Not waterproof w/o bulky case</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Delivers insulin very slowly</LI>

<LI>
&nbsp;Noisy clicking motor</LI>