Re: [IP] Blood Sugar Testing

Ted Quick wrote:

> Also, are you using Humalog in your pump? It hasbeen known to go bad after
> about 2.5 days in the pump. The best method I and others have found to
> correct this is to mix Humalog with R (or Velosulin) in a 5 to 1 ratio, though
> some find 4 to 1 or 3 to 1 works better.

Hi Ted,

It's been a long time since I wrote to you last.  This little gem caught my eye
though and I have to respond.  I've never heard of this method.  How does it
extend Humalog's life?  My insulin seems to die off after the second day.  I was
wondering if it was that my skin isn't absorbing the Humalog as well - sensitized
skin or something?  Reading this makes me think this change might help.  I'm out
here hanging on a limb as we've changed insurance companies.  The new doctor (not
an endo) says I should know what I'm doing and has turned me loose.  <frown>  I'd
also add that it took two full months to get my pump supplies * after * they had
run out completely.  <frown>

Cindy Borodkin