Re: [IP] Why velosulin and not regular?

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario and have been charged dispensing fees in various Ontario
cities in the past when I used to purchase insulin on prescription. In fact it
was an ethical pharmacist who told me 10 or so years ago that I didn't need a
prescription for my old regular and ultralente insulins, and that I should buy
it that way so long as my medical insurers would still subsidize it (which they

I currently purchase my Humalog insulin without a prescription at the pharmacy
in a Zeller's store (dear knows how many club Z points I've gathered over the
years for the purchase of diabetes supplies!). The pharmacist told me that the
prescription price for Humalog is actually a littlle less than the
non-prescription price - so if I bought enough of it at one time to offset the
prescription fee (applied once to the total Humalog purchase regardless of the
number of vials), it actually would be cheaper to buy it on prescription here...

How's that for a bizarre way to run a business!