Re: [IP] Why velosulin and not regular?

A prescription is required in BC, or at least at my Shopper's Drug Mart,
who wouldn't sell Humalog to me without one.

The cost with or without a prescription for insulin has always been the
same for me, since I have *never* had a pharmacy charge a dispensing fee
for any diabetes related supplies.  I asked once and was told that it was
considered to be unethical to charge for diabetes supplies since they are
essential.  I don't know how that works but it seems widespread here, since
I have used many pharmacies/drug stores/super markets across the province
over the last 19 years.

So YMMV strikes again...

type 1, 19 years
pump, almost 14 years

Celia McInnis wrote:
>No prescription is required for Humulog in Canada. It is cheaper to buy the
>insulin without a prescription since then one doesn't have to pay the
>fee (which might be as high as $10). Drug plans here have no problem with
>whichever way we buy it - mine pays 80% of my cost (including any
>pharmacist fees

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted          http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi/